The main objectives of the Institute are:
- to promote scientific and technological progress, social and economic development and the increasing scientific potential of the Donetsk People’s Republic;
- to perform academic researches, including fundamental and (or) applied research in the field of economics and law in accordance with the approved government assignment;
- to develop the public administration system of the Republic, covering all spheres of survival support and optimizing the use of the main types of available resources (land, real estate, mineral resources, environmental and energy resources, etc.) based on the introduction of information technologies.
In order to fulfill the objectives, the Institute deals with:
- the development of software systems for collecting and providing the necessary information to ensure the functioning of the public administration system of the Republic on the basis of modern information technologies;
- the development of economic and mathematical models to ensure the functioning of the public administration system of the Republic;
- the development of software systems for the analysis and forecasting the consequences of decisions made by government bodies of the Republic on the basis of modern information technologies;
- the scientific support of designing the strategies, concepts and programs of social and economic development to ensure the public administration system of the Republic, examining their projects and analyzing their implementation;
- the scientific support of decisions in the areas of public administration of the Republic, including the preparation and development of suggestions for the draft laws, as well as suggestions on making amendments and additions to the existing legislative acts.