The SI ‘Economic Research Institute’ in liaison with the Donetsk National University of Economics and Trade named after M.Tugan-Baranovsky, the DPR Ministry of Revenue and Duties, and the DPR Ministry of Education and Science, co-organized the XVII International Conference on “Taxation system in the context of modern transformations”, held on November 24, 2017.
Alexey Polovyan, doctor of economic science, associate professor and the director of the State Institution ‘Economic Research Institute’, was a member of the steering committee and delivered the report on “Prospects for the development of the taxation system in the Donetsk People’s Republic” on the plenary session.
Conference’s priority areas:
- Theoretical aspects of taxation systems development.
- Experience and perspectives of the state tax administration and corporate tax management.
- Information technologies and models of payment planning and control in the context of modern transformations.
- Promising areas of developing banking, financial and tax management.
- Business accounting, tax accounting and control as the tools of updating tax management and tax administration.
- Improvement of tax systems for small and medium businesses
- The impact of international cooperation in the field of taxation.
- Modernity and prospects of the transformation processes influence on the development of customs and tax systems.
The event gathered over 100 participants (doctors and candidates of sciences, assistant professors, postgraduate students, leading practitioners from the Ministries, independent practicing tax advisors, auditors, representatives of local businesses) from the Donetsk People’s Republic, Russian Federation, Germany, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia and Abkhazia.